Tell me how does this make sense to you...
Other person: rags on the Catholic Church (which as we all know is a hobby of mine) yet refers to someone as their priest. I was raised Catholic but I choose not to attend church on a regular basis. If I am dragged due to a family obligation I do not say "my priest" or "my mother's priest" I say "the priest" or "Father Flannagan"
Other person: Accuses this priest of checking out the chicks.
Me: Joke about this particular priest's name. It suits the accusation that is made. Really.
More conversation. Some is even logical...
Other Person: Father BJ Hummer is a pedophile. He is always looking at the 7 year olds.
My mind: which one is it? a letch or a molester?
Me: Insert snarky comment about our esteemed local archbishop
Other person: Defends our esteemed local archbishop blames the Vatican. And our esteemed local archbishop is not allowed to excommunicate anyone. Actually I don't know. I was raised Catholic but I am not Catholic or any other religion.
It gets even better:
Other person: Some priests are good because since it's not natural for anyone to not have sex, they have sex in their heads. You know, I think it is natural for some people to not have sex just like it's natural for some people to brag about having sex with a loser who lives in HUD housing and doesn't drive and won't look for a job even though this person is able-bodied and in their 20s and is actually probably so lazy that they are one of those who are not naturally inclined to have sex.
My mind: I seem to recall Jesus and Jimmy Carter saying that was a sin. Only monogamous married sex for the purpose of procreation is not a sin. So technically having sex in their heads is breaking that pesky celibacy vow.
No comments:
Post a Comment